Thursday, September 6, 2007

Breach of Death

He sat there deep in a gaze,
Pursuing dreams while wide awake,
His precious final hours, daydreaming,
After marrying and later divorcing the books,
He had got his dream job where he never slept,

He now believes he's the author,
Of the life that he's about to lose,
He has authored other people's books instead,
In their hearts they lack words to express him,
But this role of a model is coming to an end,

I pray that his books may prosper,
More than his life given a second chance,
With every word he could feel the quill dry,
Page after page he watched the paper fade away,
An unpublished book.He died a very lonely man.

3 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

I thought of call centre employs when I read this. I don't know why.

WE think we write the books and sometimesit goes haywire.

I liked the previous one too. Both deal with loneliness but in different ways.

Tumblewords: said...

The title is perfect! I feel the poem. Nice job!

Jason Keath said...

there is a mature dread penned here. a fear and an appreciation. finishes sharply.